Re: Is it possible to enable LaTeX support on the wiki?

Le 08/03/2011 17:00, Sandro Hawke a écrit :
> On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 16:48 +0100, Antoine Zimmermann wrote:
>> Argh, I edited a page, using the<math></math>  markup, which is even
>> produced automatically when one clicks the button with a square root on
>> top of the edit box. This markup is supposed to transform LaTeX formulas
>> into good looking images, but it does not work.
>
> I'm not familiar with that.  Do you know if it works on any W3C wikis?
> I'm looking at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Math
> and it looks like we'd have to do the systems team to install texvc on
> the server and changing a setting.   Shall I go ahead and request that?

I don't know if this is enabled on other W3C wikis. It is enabled on
wikipedia and it's quite convenient. I saw the button in the interface
so I thought it was enabled and I wrote my blurb using <math></math>
everywhere... If it's not too much of a hassle, we can enable it,
otherwise I can change the formulas to textual notations.

--
Antoine Zimmermann
Researcher at: