Re: "do not occur"

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>> My problem is that Option 1 [1] seems to signal that the sheer existence of
>> such data invalidates the spec. That is actually why I think Option 2 is
>> sufficient/better, as it confines that effects just to anybody
>> who does care about rdf:PlainLiteral (and thus OWL2 and RIF who are
>> referring to it.
>
> I do understand your issue with the wording. Would it help to change
> the "do" to "will" or "would" to further clarify that this sentence is
> a consequence of the previous?

I would say it would help to change the wording, yes.
Not convinced that "will"/"would" fix it. However, as stated several
times, I am fine with the rewording proposed earlier as Option 2:

     Therefore, typed literals with rdf:PlainLiteral as the
     datatype are considered by this specification to be not valid in
     syntaxes for RDF graphs or SPARQL.

Is there a problem with/objections against this?

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,