RE: I made an editorial pass over Section 5 of the document

Hello,

I don't think we need two functions; after all, extended ranges cover the basic
ones. Hence, if we have a function for the extended matching, we immediately
have the one for basic matching. Hence, the best way to go might be to just
support extended matching in the functions. My main point was that we should
make this clear.

Regards,

	Boris