Re: review of rdf:text

Felix:

Good point! Note that op: is not meant to be used as a prefix and has no
  namespace assigned.

I removed op:text-equal completely, since the "eq" operator is anyway
backed up by fn:text-compare.

Instead, I added in the description of fn:compare:

"
This function, invoked with the first signature, backs up the "eq",
"ne", "gt", "lt", "le" and "ge" operators on text values."

As for reusing the fn: namespace ... that is basically the same issue as
with using the rdf: namespace for rdf:text... so, I see no reason why we
shouldn't reuse the fn: namespace here, since the definitions here truly
extend XML datatypes and the related XPath/Xquery functions.

Comments welcome!

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,