Re: RDF-star Agenda for 2021-09-17

Dear all,

My main reason of interest in RDF* is the mechanism to express a triple without stating it (quoted triples, formerly embedded triples). I think that that postulating (i.e., expressing without asserting) is an extremely worthy thing to have and work with. I think that it is truly a fundamental and innovative aspect of RDF*.

Still, I am concerned that this applies only to individual triples and that annotations are considered just a syntactic trick to represent at the same time both a quoted triple and its assertion.

I am wondering, specifically, if the fact that quoted triples are postulated but not asserted came out as a pleasant side effect of the peculiar type of reification adopted for the formal model of RDF* triples, or if this feature was (is, will be) considered as a true design goal for the group, and if there are plan to explore this specific subtree of additional features.

If this is the case, then I am wondering if there is an interest in discussing sooner or later about the following:

1) promote annotations to first class citizens of the model, and not just leaving them as syntactic shortcuts
2) extend the reach from postulated triples to postulated graphs
3) include mechanisms to postulate the postulation of triples/graphs (already doable)
4) include mechanisms to postulate the assertion of postulated triples/graphs
5) work with the cascade effect of asserting chained postulations

If there is an interest in some of these topics, I would very much like to take part and contribute actively to the discussions, and I would like to know how and where and when should the discussion items be introduced.

Thank you

Fabio Vitali