Re: RDF* and conjectures

Dear Fabio,

it took me some time to process your email (and I must confess that it
still need some processing).

One first remarks, though, which is quite independant from RDF-star (for
the moment):

why did you feel the need to "rewrite" the predicates in your
conjectures? Why not simply used a named graph? From what you wrote, it
seems to stem from the misconception that named graphs are asserted,
which they are not.

More precisely, while the RDF specification defines the semantics of a
single RDF graph [1], it does *not* defines the semantics of an RDF
dataset [2]. In other words, while the semantics of a Turtle file is
well defined, the semantics of a TriG file is unspecified. Different
alternatives of what the semantics of datasets *could* be have been
explored [3]. Some of them (3.3 in particular) make named graph a good
fit, I think, for your notion of conjecture, without requiring
additional processing or syntax.

   best

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-rdf11-concepts-20140225/#section-dataset