Re: N-ary relation and rdf star

> On Jan 4, 2021, at 8:55 PM, Jeen Broekstra <jb@metaphacts.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, at 01:21, Joy lix wrote:
>> Dear All:
>> I'm learning RDF star, what is the  difference between N-ary relation and RDF star?
>> N-ary relation : https://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/ <https://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-n-aryRelations/>
>
> RDF* is an extension of RDF that aims to make modeling certain kinds of n-ary relations easier.

Really?? That is not what I have been reading up until now. RDF* replaces RDF reification: what it encodes is assertions /about/ a triple. Such as provenance information. That is quite different from extending a triple to an n-tuple in order to encode n-ary relations.

Keeping things like this clear is why it is important to have a crisp semantics for RDF*.

Pat Hayes