Re: A different symbol for {|

On 04/01/2021 22:42, Holger Knublauch wrote:

>> :bob :age 42 @{  :source <http://example.org/~bob/> }
>
> I would prefer this @{ ... } over {| ... |} and believe this topic is
> quite important to get right, as there may be a large number of files
> that actually fit into this dialect.

Holger - Just checking here - by "this dialect" do you mean @{... } ? If
so, it would be good to have references to any data and parsers
conforming to this.

I believe in discussions in this community it has been no more than an
idea expressed.  I haven't seen a link to any data or parsers using that
style.

All - Has anyone tried?

---
:s :p "abc"@{ :a:b } .
---
and why isn't that read as modifying "abc"?

https://github.com/w3c/rdf-star/issues/9
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-star/2020Aug/0043.html

== Call for Implementation Experience ==

For any of the Turtle, TriG and SPARQL -

has anyone tried it when the object is a string literal?

It is not in conflict with the grammar in the spec (I have checked
Turtle/LL(1)) but this may cause problems because there may be compliant
parsers ("compliant" => pass all current legal Turtle files) that do
langtag parsing differently. There are quite reasonably alternatives in
regular turtle for implementation.

---
PREFIX : <http://example/>
:s :p "abc"@{ :a:b } .