Re: OnAgainOffAgain relations - beyond celeb marriage: Org membership

On 10/12/2021 04:05, Anthony Moretti wrote:
> Agreeing with Dan here, you could argue that any instance of
> schema:Event is also an example.
+1

> Taking Simon's example:
> Bob - is captain of - Bowls Club - Jan 1, 2019–Dec 31, 2019
> Bob - is captain of - Bowls Club - Jan 1, 2020–Dec 31, 2020
>
> Seems equivalent to:
>
> schema:Event
> Bob's captaincy of Bowls Club 2019
> startTime: Jan 1, 2019
> endTime: Dec 31, 2019
>
> schema:Event
> Bob's captaincyof Bowls Club 2020
> startTime: Jan 1, 2020
> endTime: Dec 31, 2020

Idea:

define a schema:realizationOf property, whose domain is schema:Event and
range is rdf-star:Triple (with an inverse property schema:realization).
The above could be expressed in JSON-LD-star [1] as follows:

{
     "@context": "https://schema.org/",
     "@type": "Event",
     "realizationOf": { "@id": {
         "@id": "#bowls_club",
         "captain": "#bob"
     }},
     "startDate": "01-01-2019",
     "endDate": "31-12-2019"
}

(assuming that "realization" and "captain" are part of the schema.org
context)

The annotation syntax could also be used, if bob was *currently* captain
of the club:

{
     "@context": "https://schema.org/",
     "@id": "#bowls_club",
     "captain": {
         "@id": "#bob",
         "@annotation": {
             "realization": {
                 "@type": "Event",
                 "startDate": "01-01-2021",
                 "endDate": "31-12-2021"
             }
         }
     }
}

   pa

[1] https://json-ld.github.io/json-ld-star/

PS: in case anyone is wondering, the Turtle-star corresponding to the
above JSON-LD-star would be

[] a s:Event ;
     s:realizationOf << <#bowls_club> s:captain <#bob> >> ;
     s:startDate "01-01-2019"^^s:Date ;
     s:endDate "31-12-2019"^^s:Date.

and

<#bowls_club> s:captain <#bob> {|