Multi-set like graphs [was: Re: RDF-star use cases from Amazon Neptune]

> Am 05.12.2021 um 02:46 schrieb Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com>:
>
> Although RDF is in some sense a logic, this is not really relevant to the discussion here.
>
> There is no requirement that a logic be based on sets (or set-like graphs) instead of multi-sets (or multi-set-like graphs).

Out of curiosity but also because it might help to better understand the underlying issues (or monsters lurking beneath the carpet):

Surely logics based on multi-sets have been developed sometimes or even are deployed today. What is the experience there?
Have there ever been attempts/proposals to base RDF on a multi-set graphs?

What would it involve, how much would it probably complicate things if one tried to not only apply multi-set semantics patches for corner cases but re-design the system from the ground up? I’m aware that this probbaly is a crazy proposition, but I’d still like to better understand.

Thomas