Re: RDF* vs RDF vs named graphs

Just like RDF reification, named graphs have been around without formal
semantics. We have an attempt at the former with RDF*. Including the latter
is a question of scoping and there is nothing that prevents anyone to take
a crack at the latter. TBH, I think this fits in the scope of what the N3
group is doing and they are making efforts to harmonize with RDF*. In the
meantime, you can still use the current Named Graphs as you see fit (see
also Olaf's answer to Martynas). For me, describing a statement directly
(RDF*) is significantly different from describing an identifier which is
"somehow" related to a set of statements (Named Graph). I would like to
know what this "somehow" relation means if I'm migrating a dataset full of
NG's to another system.

I appreciate the work this group is doing in terms of making the
interpretation of reification clear and usable. Its main goal is still to
provide compatibility with the PG world, where properties over a group of
edges simply doesn't exist. I think this limited scope actually helps
getting somewhere within reasonable time.

Best,

Miel