Re: How is RDF* supposed to work with Linked Data?

From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 09:15:38 +1100
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
Cc: public-rdf-star@w3.org
On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 9:03 AM Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
wrote:

I've read Kurt Cagle's post:

> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/state-graph-merger-property-graphs-semantic-kurt-cagle/
>
> The reification looks neat. But it seems to me that Linked Data* would
> be broken.

I think *breaking* it is too strong, but you're right that the reified
triple itself can not be directly referenced outside the local context.
However, it is not unique in that respect, it's somewhat similar to how
blank nodes are treated: you can only reference them indirectly (by means
of specifying the relations in which they occur).

The idea with Linked Data is to follow the links. But <<city:_Seattle
> city:isConnectedTo city:_SanFranciso>> has no URI, so how should we
> address it on the web?

You can't follow a link to the reified statement itself, but you can
decompose to get to its constituent parts of course, and follow those
links.

Jeen