Re: Agenda for 2020-12-11

> I am becoming more and more uncomfortable with going ahead with technical
> details while I am still unclear as to just what RDF* is supposed to be.  For
> example, it is still unclear to me whether embedded triples are also supposed
> to be asserted - the initial RDF* said yes, the current document says no, some
> people in the group seem to be arguing for yes.
That's precisely what the annotation syntax is meant to solve: instead
of having to ways to interpret the same syntax (namely << ... >>), it
proposes it proposes two different syntax that can cohabit, so that we
don't need those two modes.
> Similarly, the uniqueness of
> embedded triples does not appear to me to be determined - the initial RDF* and
> the current documents say yes in their formal sections but central examples
> have fatal flaws if embedded triples are unique.
I still disagree that these flaws are fatal, but I agree that we have a
problem that needs solving.
> Can we please get these foundational problems ironed out before worrying about
> formal minutae?

In my defense, in the last two calls, I did put on the agenda the
discussion on the following test-case

https://w3c.github.io/rdf-star/tests/semantics/manifest.html#all-identical-embedded-triples-are-the-same

which was precisely intended to settle this question. Last time, the
discussion drifted on the "syntactic sugar" discussion. So I have
assumed that this question was more pressing for the community than the
"unique triple" question (although clearly they are related). That's why
I put "syntactic sugar" on the agenda here. Believe me, I wish as much
as you to settle the "unique triple" issue...