Re: "embedded predicate triples"

James,

First, Singleton Properties (SP) use IRIs in the predicate position.
They do not attempt to extend the RDF abstract syntax, and this is in
fact one of their selling points (although, as pointed out by several
authors, including Olaf [2], it has practical issues in many
implementations).

Second, the very idea of SP is to have /single-use/ predicates, and
consider them as identifying /the only triple/ in which they appear. By
contrast, Jerven's suggestion would allow the same triple to be used in
predicate position multiple times, but most importantly, to be used as
the predicate of a triple whose subject and object are different from
its own subject and object:

     :s2 << :s1 :p :o1 >> :o2.
     :s3 << :s1 :p :o1 >> :o3.

What on earth that would mean, I have absolutely no idea!