Re: RDF* implementations and PG/SA modes [was: Re: Apache Jena support for RDF*]

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/08/2020 14:49, thomas lörtsch wrote:
> >

> Credit to Stardog - they state clearly their coverage: subject position,
> not nesting, and they do support cascading deletion.

Indeed, both were deliberate design choices. Extending the support to cover
the object position and arbitrary nesting would be easy. We haven't done it
not because we saw any technical difficulties but because adding something
later is much easier (from the compatibility viewpoint) than taking it away.

The SA semantics is something we feel considerably less optimistic about.

Cheers,
Pavel