Re: RDF* implementations and PG/SA modes [was: Re: Apache Jena support for RDF*]

On 08/08/2020 14:49, thomas lörtsch wrote:

>> On 8. Aug 2020, at 12:18, thomas lörtsch <tl@rat.io> wrote:
>> Do you or anybody here happen to keep track of which implementations out there support which mode - SA, PG, both?
>
> If that sounded a little lazy, then maybe it was… So here’s my homework:
>
>      SA  PG  Implementation  Documentation
>
>          x   AnzoGraph       https://docs.cambridgesemantics.com/anzograph/v2.2/userdoc/lpgs.htm?Highlight=rdf
>      x       BlazeGraph      https://github.com/blazegraph/tinkerpop3
>      x       GraphDB         http://graphdb.ontotext.com/documentation/9.2/free/devhub/rdf-sparql-star.html
>      x       Jena            https://jena.apache.org/documentation/rdfstar/
>      x   x   N3              shaky evidence: I seem to remember a mail on this list saying they can support both
>      x       rdf4j           https://rdf4j.org/documentation/programming/rdfstar/
>          x   Stardog         https://www.stardog.com/docs/#_edge_properties

Great list - do these PG modes support the combined deletion?  And RDF*
terms in both subject and object with term-nesting?

Credit to Stardog - they state clearly their coverage: subject position,
not nesting, and they do support cascading deletion.

AnzoGraph documentation suggests subject only ("Each edge can have up to
256 properties.")

Most systems only show subject position examples (Jena included!)

What we seem to have is two implementation approaches - systems
annotating the triple, and systems with independent RDF* terms.

(no judgement about which is best)

      Andy