Re: [External] : example showing why rdf:state is essential

On 20 Aug 2024, at 12:03, ddooss@wp.pl wrote:
I agree that this approach is a good one and has the potential to simplify the handling of reification in RDF.

However, I believe that this does not necessarily exclude the possibility of standardizing other properties we are currently discussing. While rdf:reifies may serve as a foundational property, the specific use cases we are addressing might still benefit from the formalization and standardization of additional properties. These additional properties could provide more precise semantics or facilitate specific types of queries and reasoning that go beyond the general reification pattern.

This is definitely possible, if the majority approves.
The additional properties you are talking about are formalised in [1] which adds rdfs:asserts to RDFS.
Clearly, people could still use rdfs:asserts in simple entailment, and those properties would be lost.
—e.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/rdf-star-wg/wiki/Extending-the-baseline-with-%22asserted%22-stuff

Best,
Dominik