Re: [External] : example showing why rdf:state is essential

Hi William,

> ... "Bob workedFor B" gets asserted (albeit separately, or as a side-effect of rdf:states) ...

Maybe it was not clear in my original email [1] but there is no side-effect of (or any kind of entailed tuples from) rdf:states ... what the data creator enters is what is stored and SPARQL query only does pattern matching against the stored data.

Also, please look at the latest version email [2] where I made some changes regarding the use of rdf:states vs rdf:asserts in the "two-property scheme" and the "single-property scheme."

Thanks,
Souri.

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-star-wg/2024Aug/0077.html

[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-star-wg/2024Aug/0086.html