Re: Making querying of annotations optional

> On 15 Aug 2024, at 17:25, Thomas Lörtsch <tl@rat.io> wrote:
>

> Am 15. August 2024 16:45:29 MESZ schrieb Franconi Enrico <franconi@inf.unibz.it>:
>> Before letting this discussion go too far, I want to be sure that we share the same assumptions.
>> [0] assumes a CG-style notion of triple reification, which is not the one adopted by the current baseline.
>
> I don't think so: IIUC embedded triples in [0] are asserted and referentially transparent types, wheras in the CG report they are unasserted and referentially opaque types.

[0] does not define a semantics for RDF*, nor simple entailment, but syntactically [0] has an abstract syntax mirroring the CG syntax, where there is no distinction between triple terms and triple reifiers; and SPARQL* in [0] is not based on BGP matching.
I’ve nothing against [0], I am only observing that is quite far away from our baseline.
—e.