Re: Nested Graphs - a graph-based proposal

Hi Olaf,

> On 25. Oct 2023, at 22:01, Olaf Hartig <olaf.hartig@liu.se> wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I tried to understand your proposal but I failed because the notion of a Nested Graph that you aim to introduce is not actually defined in your text. The only thing you provide are several examples that are written using a Turtle-like syntax and that supposedly illustrate how Nested Graphs may be represented in that particular syntax, but these examples don't help me to understand what exactly a Nested Graph is.

this is definitely not a way of putting things that I have much experience in, so please tell me if the following makes sense to you:

A nested graph is a pair consisting of an IRI or a blank node (the graph name), and an RDF graph.
The name denotes the pair of name and graph.
Nested graph names are unique within an RDF dataset.
A nested graph may contain other nested graphs, recursively.
A nested graph may occur in the default graph as well as in named graphs.

Best,
Thomas