Re: Overview of options

An extra column could be the effect on the RDF Data Model.
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf12-concepts/#section-rdf-graph

What new RDF terms are there?

---

Based on the strawpoll last week, can we settle on "graph term" and
"occurrence"?

Are there any other conceptual items?

"occurrence" has been used in CG and WG discussions.

A graph term is a graph used as a RDF term in the RDF data model. It's
quoted triple (triple term) but for graphs. (It has value-equality
(structural equality)).

Using this terminology is not implying any particular choice of semantics.

There is work-in-progress going on
https://github.com/w3c/rdf-concepts/pull/67

so bringing that PR conversation together with the "options" would be a
way forward.

---

My understanding at the moment is that the "blank graph" variants are
compatible with the graph component of a named graph pair [*] being a
graph term.

"Blank graph" variants:
_:a { :s :p :o }

{ :s :p :o } is a graph term, _:a is a resource for the occurrence.

"Graph terms"
_:a rdf:occurrenceOf{ :s :p :o }

{ :s :p :o } is a graph term, _:a is a resource for the occurrence.

     Andy

[*] A named graph is a pair (resource reference, graph)
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#dfn-named-graph