Re: Examples of edge annotations in Property Graphs

> On 24. Jan 2023, at 14:37, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On 24/01/2023 00:19, Thomas Lörtsch wrote:
>
>> Apache Jena, Documentation Support of RDF-star > https://jena.apache.org/documentation/rdf-star/> >      SELECT ?name
> { <<:john foaf:name ?name >> dct:source<http://example/directory>  }> >     B.t.w., the page also says:>          "Translating back to RDF-star relies on the consistency constraint>          that there is only one reification for each unique quoted triple term."
> Out of context.

For LPG use cases, yes - that’s why I started the quote with "b.t.w.". But it is a noteworthy hint at the pitfalls of a type based approach. To make the translation back complete you could introduce an extra triple creating an occurrence (maybe even using Pierre-Antoine's recently introduced vocabulary of "mention" etc, although I highly doubt that's practical).

Thomas