Re: type/token and corresponding annotations

Hi Souri,

my 2 cents are that you got it right. Your second example in Andy's modified shorthand would be:

:Cleveland :servedAs :POTUS {| :ClevelandTerm1 | :startYear 1885 ; :endYear 1889 |}
:Cleveland :servedAs :POTUS {| :ClevelandTerm2 | :startYear 1893 ; :endYear 1897 |}

(The other facts can’t be expressed in the shorthand syntax as they comprise triple terms that are not actually asserted)

Andy this evenening posted a modified proposal in which the type would be encoded as <<( :s :p :o )>>. That would concern the first example from your earlier mail:

<<( :s :p :o )>> :accordingTo :john . # type, annotations

Without those extra parentheses it would be expanded to

[] :occurrenceOf << :s :p :o >> ;
   :accordingTo :john .

(any encoding missing an explicit reference to the type or an expressly named occurrence would be interpreted as an anonymously named occurrence).

Best,
Thomas