Re: Event Updated: RDF-star Semantics TF (not canceled)

Am 5. Dezember 2023 14:27:52 MEZ schrieb Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine@w3.org>:

>On 01/12/2023 11:17, Thomas Lörtsch wrote:
>> Enrico,
>>
>> thank you for the invitation! I assume you will send around a zoom-link, but I’m not sure about the time. The semantics TF meetings seem to have been scheduled to 4pm in the past - is that right?
>>

>> Peter, Dörthe, Pierre-Antoine,
>>
>> I would be happy if you could join to elaborate on your concerns w.r.t. graph terms. Obviously I would be happy about any other participants as well! :)
>
>as I indicated during the plenary meeting last week (on IRC):
>I was unable to attend. The meeting was showing as cancelled, another meeting found its way there...
>
>I hope the meeting was fruitful.

I found it very fruitful. What I took from it was that:

- logicians don't see the big picture, as usual ;-)
- there's no problem with reasoning *within* a named graph, why should there be one within much more tightly defined graph terms/literals
- a semantics for reasoning *across* graph terms/literals may be difficult to define (or at least to agree on and standardize)
- but why should that be a problem for those of us that just want to use them to control visibility and semantics scoped to individual graph teems/literals
- so standardize them now without a cross-graph-teem/literal--semantics
- add a hook to declare such a cross-graph-term/literal-semantics per graph or dataset
- standardize such a semantics later

Therefore IMHO graph terms/literals are clear GO!

Of course others may have come to a different conclusion ;-)  Honestly, not everyone (noone?) was as enthusiastic as me, but real counterarguments? Not that I'm aware of.

Thomas