Re: Review of SHACL document (2)

On 21/02/2017 18:38, Olivier Corby wrote:
> On 02/21/2017 02:56 AM, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>>> First one has to guess that there is a relation between
>>> ex:LanguageConstraintComponentUsingSELECT
>>> and ex:LanguageExampleShape because the former uses sh:parameter
>>> [sh:path ex:lang] and the latter uses sh:property [ex:lang "de"].
>>> This is not very explicit.
>>
>> Do you have specific suggestions on how to make this clearer?
> Given
> - a sh:Shape S that specifies sh:property [sh:path Path ; Predicate
> Object]   where Predicate is not a SHACL property (e.g. sh:property
> [sh:path ex:germanLabel ; ex:lang "en"]) and
> - a  sh:ConstraintComponent C, with a SPARQL validator, that specifies
> sh:parameter [sh:path Predicate] (e.g. sh:parameter [sh:path ex:lang])
> then C is used to validate value nodes of S with $PATH variable of
> SPARQL validator substituted with Path (e.g. ex:germanLabel) and the
> variable corresponding to Predicate (e.g. $lang corresponding to
> ex:lang) pre-bound with Object (e.g. "en").

I have added a similar paragraph to end of the (informative) section
6.1. I hope this helps readers understand this better. The other
information that you state above already exists in the places where the
details of the execution of validators are explained, and I believe it
would be too much of a forward reference to include them. I also cannot
use terms like "SHACL property" without defining them, as this will
cause other readers to be unhappy.

https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/f73f0c161717b56058cf0c137f46eb07815a311b

I hope this helps.

Thanks,