From:   "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
To:     Dimitris Kontokostas <kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>,
Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Cc:     "public-rdf-sha." <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
Date:   09/28/2016 05:51 PM
Subject:        Re: on the closing of ISSUE-163

So ISSUE-163 was closed based on incorrect information then.

ISSUE-163 was opened in response to an external comment, as shown in the
issue
record at https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/track/issues/163

The working group should present the commenter with a clear indication
that
the issue has been cleanly closed.  This would require re-opening the
issue in
light of its first closure being based on incorrect information.  Given
that
the issue was incorrectly closed a second closure should involve a
different
working group member examining the SHACL document to see whether all
remaining
uses of variations of "constrain" are appropriate.  When the issue cleanly
closed the working group should send a message to the commenter stating
that
it has closed an issue based on his comments and asking whether he is
satisfied with the resolution of the issue.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Nuance Communications

On 09/28/2016 07:10 AM, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
> Hi Peter, Karen,
> I already eliminated all these occurrences
> https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commits/gh-pages
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net
> <mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net>> wrote:
>
>     Peter, I did miss the "constrains" in the property pair section, so
I will
>     try to come up with a different wording for that and will propose
it. The
>     usage in 4.7.2 is, IMO, in accordance with English language usage,
and I
>     think is appropriate here.
>
>     kc
>

>     On 9/27/16 9:16 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
>             >From Section 4.6.1 of Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL)
W3C

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-data-shapes-wg/2016Sep/0046.html

>         <
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-data-shapes-wg/2016Sep/0046.html

>         that ``constraint is still used, but no more "constrain" or
>         "constraining". So
>         it's a thing, but not a verb.''
>
>         There is a total of six uses of "constrains" in the document.
>

>         The working group appears to have closed ISSUE-163 based on
incorrect
>         information.
>

>         Peter F. Patel-Schneider
>         Nuance Communications
>

>     --
>     Karen Coyle
>     kcoyle@kcoyle.net <mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net> http://kcoyle.net
>     m: 1-510-435-8234
>     skype: kcoylenet/+1-510-984-3600 <tel:%2B1-510-984-3600>
>

> --
> Dimitris Kontokostas
> Department of Computer Science, University of Leipzig & DBpedia
Association
http://aligned-project.eu