Re: the role of public-rdf-shapes@w3.org

On 09/27/2016 10:15 PM, Simon Steyskal wrote:
> Hi Peter!
>
> First, I think I speak for the majority of the WG when I say that I truly
> appreciate your effort in thoroughly reviewing the SHACL spec. Thanks a lot!

Thanks.  It is reassuring to have a message that goes counter to the recent
actions of the working group and communication within it.

>> I have been playing along by responding to personal responses to my comments
>> on "Shapes Constraint Language (SHACL)" that I have sent to
>> public-rdf-shapes@w3.org.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what you mean with "I have been playing
> along by responding to personal responses to my comments". Could you elaborate
> on that?

There have been a number of responses to my messages from individual members
of the working group.  I have tried to respond to these as best I can, even
though this mailing list should be for communications between the working
group and commenters on the documents produced by the working group.  Back and
forth involving members of the working group acting personally instead of for
the working group as a whole generally ends up making it harder to determine
whether the working group is meeting its requirement to adequately address
comments on its documents.

>> These messages are all intended to be official comments on the document. I
>> await a response from the W3C Data Shapes Working Group for each and every one
>> of them.
>
> Just for clarification, do you mean "response from the WG" as in [1]?

Well, such a message is part of what the working needs to do to adequately
address comments.  However, the referenced message is not a complete response
as it does not contain information on the result of the issues opened as a
result of the message.

> br,
> simon
>
> [1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2016May/0008.html
>
> ---
> DDipl.-Ing. Simon Steyskal
> Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna
>
> www: http://www.steyskal.info/  twitter: @simonsteys

peter