Re: SKOS concept scheme URIs as values for constraints

<If the property isn't there, and you are using closed world semantics, then
the skos:Concept is not in the skos:ConceptScheme>

I am not sure this is the case. Today, people create concept schemes without
implicitly saying ?concept skos:inScheme ?someScheme because the utility of
making such statement is not (at all) clear.

Most commonly, they just use skos:broader and skos:narrower.
skos:hasTopConcept may be used to identify the tree roots. In some ways,
skos:ConceptScheme seems to be yet another way to partition RDF. By yet
another, I mean in addition to having named graphs. Similarly,
skos:Collection and skos:member may be considered alternatives to rdfs:Class
and rdf:type.

Bring in DCTERMS into the picture and there are more alternatives such as
dcterms:type instead of rdf:type.

I believe people are genuinely confused about what they should use, when and
why.

Irene Polikoff, CEO
TopQuadrant, Inc. www.topquadrant.com <http://www.topquadrant.com/>
Technology providers making enterprise information meaningful
Blogs ‹ http://www.topquadrant.com/the-semantic-ecosystems-journal/,
http://www.topquadrant.com/composing-the-semantic-web/
LinkedIn ‹ https://www.linkedin.com/company/topquadrant
Twitter - https://twitter.com/topquadrant