Re: Should we say "data model"?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:07:13 -0400
To: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Cc: "public-rdf-shapes@w3.org" <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com
> wrote:

>  Does that mean that we are looking for something (language, format,
> whatever) that could be interpreted either with the open world assumption
> to support open world reasoning, and (exactly the same piece) interpreted
> in closed world applications as a constraint for interfaces or a validation
> rule?

I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but this is precisely what
Stardog ICV does using OWL syntax and is (to my knowledge) the only such
system that does. But, alas, it does not appear that there is consensus in
the likely Validation WG to put that on the recommendation track. A
mistake, in my view, but there you go. :>

Cheers,
Kendall