Re: Validation and documentation using SPIN templates examples and an extension for heuristics/expectations

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> On 7/24/14, 6:59 PM, Dimitris Kontokostas wrote:
>
>> One note here (i'm not going into syntax) if we adopt the severety level
>> paradigm this can be easily supported from both ShEx & SPIN with a rule
>> like this:
>> Rule X, "cars with six wheels are uncommon" @level warning (or notice)
>>

> I agree, and it would be good if this was recorded as a requirement
> somewhere. For SPIN this could be another triple such as
> spin:violationLevel spin:Warning (or similar). We have encountered this as
> a requirement many times - some input errors are acceptable to at least
> click OK, and fix it later.
>
> Another related use case is that if a constraint violation happens, the
> system could *suggest* a fix. In SPIN we do this by creating INSERT/DELETE
> template calls as part of a constructed spin:ConstraintViolation. This can
> be exposed by user interfaces via a button "Fix me".

I think this should be out of the scope of the validation language but the
language should support such hooks with generic annotations [1] that other
tools can interpret
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-shapes/2014Jul/0208.html

--
Dimitris Kontokostas