Re: Shapes - sub-classes / sub-properties

On 07/16/2014 09:39 PM, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> <pfpschneider@gmail.com <mailto:pfpschneider@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>    [...]

> I think you are right and Shape checking is more low level than constraint
> checking in general. However, I also think there are plenty of practical
> applications where one would like to have some way to declare the shapes of
> RDF graphs in a easy and automatically verifiable way.

Now we may be getting somewhere.

What are these practical applications that you think require shape checking?

My canonical application for constraint checking is that I am writing a
program to consume RDF graphs, and I want to know that some information is
explicitly present in that RDF graph.  For example, I want to know that each
graduate student has a university explicitly given and that that university is
a research university.

> Best regards, Jose Labra

peter