Re: ShEx relation to SPIN/OWL

Hi John,

I know many people who would consider SPARQL to be a declarative language,
albeit not with the specific purpose of validation.
Even with a declarative validation language I would expect, in many real-world
use cases, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm not sure I understand your last point about an RDF based syntax, do you mean
RDF/XML specifically here?

Personally I think it is pretty cool to have an RDF representation of ShEx that
could be serialized to any of the concrete RDF syntaxes.
Primarily for these reasons:
- ShEx could be stored in a graph store
- ShEx could be used to validate itself
- ShEx could be queried or constructed using SPARQL

As such it might be useful to think of ShEx language as an extension to Turtle
(rather than 'inspired by'), similar to how TriG extends Turtle with named
graphs.

Cheers,
John