Re: Proposed change to the charter, section 4. Deliverables, Recommendation Track

Eric,

Yes, the charter is acceptable. Thanks for doing this.

IBM is completely in favour of languages being human friendly and compact.
However, Turtle fills that bill for RDF and we see a lot of advantage in
leveraging RDF parsers and skills. So our primary interest is expressing
constraints in RDF.

You did not identify SPARQL as the target language but we can let the WG
decide. IBM will advocate strongly for SPARQL.

The mailing list now contains several other good suggestions for
improvements to the charter, e.g. from David and Peter. I hope those can
also be refined further and added to the charter.

Regards,
Arthur Ryman, PhD

Chief Data Officer, Rational
Chief Architect, Portfolio & Strategy Management
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)