Re: Moving forward

Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote on 08/07/2014 06:12:12 PM:

> I am never quite sure how strict the initial charter needs to be
> followed, and whether the number of deliverables dictates what will be
> produced. Maybe a question to Eric: can deliverables be split or removed

> at runtime of the WG? In that case the charter can indeed be some fluffy

> paragraphs that leave everything open and we move on...
>
> Holger

Hi Holger,
Good question. Here is how I see it:

I think charters are very much like specifications in a way. They define
an expectation/contract about what the WG is to deliver. But it's up to
the WG how it goes at doing so or, if you will, how that charter is
actually implemented. Just like specifications, charters can be
implemented in many different ways.

So, when it comes to the question at hand, the WG certainly has the
liberty to choose the number of documents to produce to meet the
deliverables set by its charter.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards - IBM
Software Group