Re: Suggested charter changes

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 09:00:22 +1000
To: public-rdf-shapes@w3.org

On 8/7/14, 6:16 AM, David Booth wrote:
> 3. In Section 4 (Deliverables), change "OPTIONAL - Compact,
> human-readable syntax" to "Compact, human-readable syntax", i.e., make
> it required.
>
> REASON: I think a compact, readable syntax is important.  Writing
> validation rules in RDF would be simpler than writing them in SPARQL,
> but still much more tedious than having a concise, compact syntax for
> expressing them.
Several people here on this list have stated that they disagree with
making this deliverable mandatory, because it is quite possible that the
RDF-based syntaxes are sufficient. It is also quite possible that the
group finds the opposite, and we need a shorter syntax. But we don't
know at this stage, so the deliverable should remain OPTIONAL and the
decision be left to the WG.

Holger