Re: Shexc tied to XML?

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

> On 8/6/14, 10:30 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>
>> On August 4, 2014 11:22:28 PM EDT, Holger Knublauch <
>> holger@topquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ShEx doesn't explicitly mention XML apart from comparing it to XML
>>> Schema in the introduction of the primer. But the SHEXc syntax is modeled
>>> after RelaxNG Compact Syntax
>>>
>> Is it?
>>

> I have quoted the last sentence above from
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/ShEx#Syntax

The ShEx compact syntax in inspired by both RelaxNG compact syntax and
Turtle.

It is human-readable and in my experience, developers who know a bit of
Turtle (without being experts) and a bit of other Schema languages (without
being experts), easily understand the syntax.

As I said in another thread, I have employed ShEx in the development of 2
linked data portals to communicate to the team the shapes of the RDF graph
that we wanted both to produce and consume, and they could handle them
easily.

However, ShEx is not oriented nor tied to RDF/XML. ShEx is oriented to the
RDF graph model and it can be seen as a domain specific language to
describe and define RDF graphs.

--
Saludos, Labra