Re: blank slate

On 8/4/14, 6:51 PM, Holger Knublauch wrote:

> To be honest, I believe the modern reality is that people create those
> things using copy and paste from sites such as StackOverflow. And that's
> not necessarily bad, and we all do it. As long as the common patterns
> are well documented snippets, nobody needs to understand the formal
> underpinnings, and the syntax allows them to ignore the attributes that
> they don't need. A good example of how to present this is the schema.org
> documentation, which includes copy-able snippets in various formats.

Holger, I agree. This sounds very practical. Lots of details to work
out, of course, but a target of reusable, and well documented (!)
snippets is something that could respond to the needs that I am aware
of. What underpins those snippets is beyond my own technical level, but
assuming we can test the results against a nice variety of use cases,
I'm happy to provide use cases from the Dublin Core group's work for
that effort.

kc

--
Karen Coyle