Re: Wondering about an example of closed world validation

From: Dimitris Kontokostas <kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 12:39:23 +0300
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
Cc: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, "public-rdf-shapes@w3.org" <public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>

> Sure there are lots of ways of proceeding.  You may believe that
> without-reasoning is better.  I may believe that with-reasoning is better.

>From my pov inference and validation are two different things, although
they can complement each other in many cases.
>From a Validation Standard perspective, mentioning the use of inferencing
as a pre/post validation step option is perfectly fine, enforcing it is a
completely different thing.

[clipped]

> PS:  DBpedia is a very poor examplar for showing anything with respect to
> applying inferences because it automatically applies certain inferences and
> not others.

Excuse me but my inference experience is limited and when you mentioned
"RDFS closure" I though you were referring only to RDFS inferencing (not
OWL inferencing).

Dimitris

Dimitris

--