Re: old NCName used in CURIE syntax by design?

Hi Dan,

Forgive me, but I don't quite follow what you're getting at.

Are you saying that 'prefix' would have been better defined using
'Name' from the XML 1.0 spec?

If so, I don't see how it could, since 'prefix' needs to be the
'non-colon' version of 'Name', i.e., 'NCName'. This is only defined in
the XML Namespaces spec, as far as I know.

But that might not be what you mean...have I missed what you're driving at?

:)

Mark Birbeck, webBackplane

mark.birbeck@webBackplane.com

http://webBackplane.com/mark-birbeck