Re: RDFa test cases

Jeni,

I have comments inline:

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> My interpretation is that 'reserved' means that the special use of '_'
> takes precedence over any other prefix mappings that may be provided
> to it.

I believe this is correct.

> I do think the CURIE specification could be improved by defining in
> much clearer language the four context items that the RDFa
> specification states are used to interpret CURIEs.

Agreed.  We can achieve this through updating the errata document
immediately.  I will try to draft some errata text and propose it for
discussion at tomorrow's regular meeting.

>>> 8. The language-based tests aren't met, because I'm currently at a
>>> loss as to how to amend rdfQuery to work out whether it's being used
>>> in an HTML or XHTML setting and therefore whether xml:lang is a lang
>>> attribute in the XML namespace or an attribute called 'xml:lang' in
>>> no namespace.
>>
>> You shouldn't need to know the setting.
>> http://whatwg.org/html5#language defines the language of an element in
>> terms of the DOM, independent of the syntax, so it's the same for
>> documents parsed from HTML and XHTML.
>
> Yes, it would be nice if I could take that attitude. Even nicer if I
> could rely on the DOM's lang property. I'm just not quite sure how to
> square it with the requirement to work in legacy browsers (such as IE).

XHTML 1.1 and XHTML Basic 1.1 will soon re-introduce @lang with
prioritization rules.  We anticipate ALSO introducing @lang into
XHTML+RDFa in the next revision - obviously with the same rules.  It is
important that people use @lang because of legacy issues with a number
of user agents and assistive technologies.