Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

On Sep 21, 2009, at 11:05, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> (For clarity: DOM Level 1 isn't a tree model that completely,
>> correctly and exclusively reflects the XML Information Set.)
>
> Does DOM Level 2? I didn't think so, but it may depend on what you
> mean by "completely, correctly, and exclusively".

No. I tried to contrast XOM (the most correct XML tree model that I'm
aware of and that happens to also be an existing target model of an
existing HTML parsing algorithm implementation) and DOM Level 1 (the
model most preferred by the RDFa TF). I deliberately avoided
discussing DOM Level 2 in my clarification of the issues, because DOM
Level 2 doesn't clarify the point I'm trying to make as clearly as XOM
even though it relates to the point I'm trying to make.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi