Re: Proposed Wording Change - Processing step 9

On 3 Sep 2009, at 17:15, Shane McCarron wrote:

> I propose that we change step 9 so that the *default* behavior is
> that a "plain literal" is generated, as opposed to the default
> behavior today that an "XML Literal" is generated.

While I agree that this is better default behaviour, it is a big
change from the current specification. Are you proposing this as an
errata, or for a future version of RDFa?

If the former, I think it's too big a change.

If the latter, it sounds like a good idea, but it would need to be
decided if processors would be expected to apply the old rule for
RDFa 1.0 and the new rule for RDFa 1.1? If so, what would be the
definitive way of determining which to use? Using the XHTML @version
attribute and defaulting to 1.1 when it's not present makes sense for
XHTML+RDFa 1.0, but perhaps not so much for other host languages such
as SVG and ODF.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>