Re: Proposed Test Case 0123 - test for case sensitivity in prefix names

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Shane McCarron wrote:
>
>> ASK WHERE {
>>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/lower#one>
>> <http://www.example.org#lower> .
>>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/upper#two>
>> <http://www.example.org#UPPER> .
>>    <http://www.example.org#sub> <http://www.example.org/mixed:three>
>> <http://www.example.org#MiXeD> .
>> }
>>

> There's an error in the SPARQL for that test
> ("mixed:three" -> "mixed#three"):

Nice catch - thanks!
> I also have the same concerns that Ivan has in placing this test in the
> "XHTML+RDFa 1.0" test suite, if that's what you meant. XHTML is very
> clear on the case sensitivity issue:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.2

Interesting..... that constraint is completely misleading, and not
relevant to this discussion.  XML does not require element or attribute
names to be in lower case, nor does XHTML 1.0 nor XHTML 1.1.  That
constraint, which is in an INFORMATIVE part of the xhtml 1.0
recommendation, is explaining that while in HTML 4 you could have mixed
cases, in XHTML 1.0 we chose to make all elements and attributes lower case.
> Did you mean that this test should be placed in the "HTML4+RDFa" test
> suite? If so, is the reason we're putting this in the HTML4+RDFa test
> suite to trigger discussion on updating the RDFa processing rules? For
> this test to hold across multiple HTML family languages, we would have
> to change the RDFa processing rules... and even then, we don't know if
> it's implementable in all parsers.

No, although I did put it in there as well.  And it will, of course,
fail there.  I meant it should be in the XHTML+RDFa test suite with the
corrections you and I have indicated.  It is perfectly legal XHTML+RDFa
and should render the appropriate triples.  And yes, some parsers are
going to choke on it.