Re: Proposed Test Case 0123 - test for case sensitivity in prefix names

Shane,

I am sorry, I did not really follow the earlier discussions... But is
this really o.k.? More exactly, is this properly implementable?

distiller fails on the test. And there are issues there:

- if I use the XML parser because I stick to XHTML, then I do not see
why what you write is fine because XML is case sensitive. Ie, XMLNS
cannot be considered the same as xmlns, can it? Note that if xmlns is
required for all thee namespaces (ie, using TEST and TeSt) then things
are fine as you write (and distiller works accordingly)

B.t.w., the xml parser I use fails on the input file, b.t.w., because it
will report an 'unbound prefix' error on the XMLNS:TEST attribute.
Rightfully so!

- The HTML5 parsers turns everything into lower case, which is sort of
fine because at least HTML4 was case insensitive so, I presume, is
HTML5. Using the HTML5 parser's page that I just got from Philip Taylor:

http://tinyurl.com/ryah76

all the three namespace declarations will be merged into one.

Ie, RDFa implementations will really have a problem in implementing this
because they will be forced to avoid using standard tools... And that is
bad...

There may be something I miss here. Again, I did not follow the
corresponding discussions...

Ivan

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Based upon some recent discussions, I propose the following additional
> test case:

>      xmlns:target="http://www.example.org#"
>      xmlns:test="http://www.example.org/lower#"
>      XMLNS:TEST="http://www.example.org/upper#"