Re: rdfa parsing problem

Meri,

I am sorry if I cannot give you a very detailed response at this moment,
because I am on a trip right now. I have, nevertheless, tested the first
code on my own machine and it did produce the same RDF as for the second
one.

One quick thought, though. The way the distiller works is that if hits
an XML (not XHTML!) error, it then switches (if allowed in the command
arguments) to an HTML5 parser and attempts to run the code through that
one, too. I guess (but I do not know) that the HTML5 parser attempts to
  make some sense in the erroneous code and I would presume it will
simply remove the <span> element from the DOM tree it produces. Because
the rest of the distiller works on the DOM tree, I presume that is what
produces the difference (your quoted RDF for the first version is
consistent with a DOM tree with the span entirely removed). Again, I
will have to look at that when I am back home (in a few days).

In the meantime: can you tell me which parameters you used when running
the distiller? Were they all the default ones?

Thanks

Ivan

Meri Kovach wrote:
> Could you please explain to me why these two extracts, when parsed, do
> not produce the same statements:

> and

> The parsing result (using RDF distiller) is following:
>
>   <foaf:Person rdf:about="http://localhost:8080/rdfa.html#2105555"/
> <http://localhost:8080/rdfa.html#2105555"/>>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://localhost:8080/rdfa.html">
>     <foaf:firstName>Meri</foaf:firstName>
>     <foaf:familyName>Kovac</foaf:familyName>
>   </rdf:Description>
>
> and
>   <foaf:Person rdf:about="http://localhost:8080/rdfa.html#2105555">
>     <foaf:firstName>Meri</foaf:firstName>
>     <foaf:familyName>Kovac</foaf:familyName>
>   </foaf:Person>
>
> The second one is the correct one. Why is the subject mixed up in the
> first one?
>
> Thnx,
> Meri

mobile: +31-641044153