Re: google stuff

Hi Othar,

I walked through the Google ontology and attempted to "clean it up" so
that is friendlier to Semantic Web tools such as editors or query tools.

The result of my attempt can be found at

	http://topbraid.org/examples/datavoc.rdf

An overview of this ontology is in the class diagram at:

	http://topbraid.org/examples/Google-DataVocabulary-TopBraid.png

I have tried to keep this redesign as light-weight as possible and at
some places I needed to guess about the intended semantics and use
cases. My suggested model is using global rdfs:domains where possible,
but for some properties I had to use owl:Restrictions to indicate that
a property is expected to be used at a given class. This was needed
for all properties that are shared among multiple classes, such as
v:name. All properties have global rdfs:ranges, but in a few cases I
was not sure whether the intended value should be a string or a link
to another RDF entity. I have added comments to everything, based on
what I found on your web pages. In some cases I was not sure about
upper-case/lower-case names - such details matter a lot in RDF!

I also adjusted the namespace to http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/# and
the base URI to http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/ . I hope this makes
sense.

I have developed this redesign with TopBraid Composer [1], but other
semantic web editors should be able to handle it as well.

Once this schema is stable, other ontologies could be linked to it.
There clearly is a large potential overlap between it and FOAF or
SIOC, and it would be great to have some rdfs:subClassOf/
owl:equivalentClass or rdfs:seeAlsos thrown in at appropriate places.
This would link all of this information into the wide open Linked Data
web. It does not really matter where to put those link triples, but as
a first step we need to have stable URIs for your resources.

Anyway, I hope this helps as additional input - feel free to reuse
what you like.

Regards,
Holger

[1] http://topquadrant.com/products/TB_Composer.html