Re: Validation issue with the xsi namespace

It basically has to do with dereferencing the resulting URI when you use
a QName or CURIE (e.g., xsi:lala should dereference to
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance#lala - basically it has to do
with how the resource at the end of the namespace URI is constructed,
and how its components are accessed.  If the resource masquerades as a
folder, then http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance/lala will
magically return the description for lala.  If it masquerades as a
document, then http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance#lala will
return the complete resource and there will be a ID within that resource
that corresponds to lala.

CURIE vocabularies tend to use the # convention, FWIW.  In this case,
xsi is NOT a CURIE vocabulary, so I would use whatever namespace URI is
defined by the xsi specification.