Re: @rel syntax in RDFa (relevant to ISSUE-60 discussion), was: Using XMLNS in link/@rel

Ben Adida wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>>> how @rel is interpreted. You can't interpret @rel blindfolded.
>> But I'd like to.
>
> I don't think RDFa is the technology that's stopping you here. The
> existing state of the web and HTML is already preventing it.
>
>> WRT profile; I see how this can work for a single profile URI, but it
>> does not scale, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to help with mixing
>> relations from several profiles (namespaces) in a single document.
>
> Far be it from me to defend the @profile approach to web-scale data :)
> But, to be fair, @profile does allow for a space-separated list of values.

Yes, but how does this help in this case?

If I have

   <head profile="http://example.com/ http://example.org/">

and

   <a rel="foobar">

...how do I find out which profile/namespace foobar belongs to? It
doesn't solve the disambiguation problem.

>> No, that's fine. What's controversial is how many different
>> language-dependent interpretations there should be for the HTML family
>> of languages. I think that number needs to be 1.
>
> I would love to see that happen, too. That's why we're working hard with
> the HTML5 team to try to convince them :)

I think it would be easier to convince them if you wouldn't have
unilaterally changed the semantics for the rel attribute (note that I
have less problems with CURIEs in *new* attributes).

Best regards, Julian