Re: CURIE objections in HTML5+RDFa

Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>> I'm particularly worried about ccREL succeeding to the point that an
>>> alternative solution can no longer be launched into the market to
>>> replace it and Free Culture then getting encumbered by the syntactic
>>> complexity preventing even further success.
>
> Note that I didn't talk about unqualified success in the part you
> quoted. Just about qualified success to the point where an alternative
> solution (which if deployed first would have taken Free Culture
> licensing metadata to its Full Potential) could no longer be launched
> into the market.

Henri, the statements concerning a "hypothetically better solution" to
ccREL without proposing a solid counter-solution is a logical fallacy,
specifically, it is the Perfect Solution Fallacy[1]. Here's an example
of this fallacy in action:

Person A: I have a solution and here it is.
Person B: That's not a good solution, there's a better one out there.

We can't have a logical discussion on actual-solution vs.
hypothetical-solution since the hypothetical solution always wins (per
the Perfect Solution Fallacy).

You have to provide a better counter-solution to ccREL in order to make
your point.

-- manu

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_solution_fallacy

--