Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> An attribute called xmlns:foo cannot exist as an attribute in an API
> that treats attributes spelled xmlns:foo as artifacts of the Namespaces
> layer rather than attributes exposed to the application layer (e.g. XOM).
>
> Also note that SAX2 in its most correct configuration doesn't expose
> xmlns:foo as an attribute.

Yes. Understood.

I still do not understand the nature of the problem.

If you are in a namespace-aware environment (such as XOM, or something
using the XPath data model, such as XSLT), then use the supplied XML
namespace information.

If you are in an environment that doesn't know about XML namespaces, or
doesn't support them uniformly (such as in the browser DOM because of
HTML), use raw access to the xmlns:* attributes.

BR, Julian